"If you don't know where you are going, you might end up someplace else." - Yogi Berra
1) Run a 1/2 marathon and PR (won't be hard to do since it will be my 2nd 1/2 ever!)
2) Run at least one race each month during peak season (April-October: easily attained)
3) Get my 5K pace below a 8:50 minute mile
4) Get my boys to run a couple fun runs :)
5) Include speed and hill work into my training
Ohh... and have fun doing it all!
This is Noah, my step-son, when he was 3 after completing his second 'Fun Run' @
Maine Sport Outfitters before my trail run. He was only 3 years old :)
I think we all need goals to strive for and work towards. I can keep running all year long without a goal, but I will better myself if I'm setting my sights on something bigger. To push ourselves we need to know there is something that we are aiming for.
What keeps you running?
Do you set goals?
Do you sign up for races in advance so that you are committed to a goal?