Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ellipitical Cross-training Day

I had time to fit in my normal run early today, and when I got to work I did not feel like running on the treadmill or running outside. 

So......

I cross-trained!

I used to use the elliptical trainer at the gym at Husson U. at least once or twice a week while I went to school there, but it has been at least 6 years since I have done that.  I actually got a pretty good workout in today. I only managed to commit to 20 minutes and then did some weights in the nautilus room. In that 20 minutes I put in over 3,000 strides though. :-)

Now I am already feeling like I could exercise again. Maybe later today I will fit in some more cardio.

Running mileage total for this week thus far: 10.25 miles. Considering I did not run today, I don't see myself taking a rest day tomorrow. Instead I will do an easy 2 miler since I am doing my long run either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning.

Mid-Coast Maine is supposed to reach temperatures in the high 40s this week!! Woohoo!

More cute kid pics (Random I know):

Elijah running at the campground after he saw mommy come back from her run :)


Noah after his 1st Fun Fun ever - before the Mother's Day 5k in 2009




Do you do cross-training each week?

Do you make sure to take rest days?

Do you despise the elliptical as much as I do?

4 comments:

  1. Work on treadmill 5 days a week and try to work in one more machine 2 days a week. Trying not to push to hard to fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proud of you mom for sticking with it and not getting burned out! Now we just need to get Dad back in the groove :)

      Delete
  2. I avoid the elliptical like its the plague. Usually my cross training will be a spin class.

    p.s. adorable first race picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try a spin class. I need to go to one at my gym. My calves are very sore today just from that short time on the elliptical!

      Thanks!

      Delete