Monday, March 25, 2013

Building up the Mileage

While on our long(ish) run today the bestie and I discuss our training plans. She has a full marathon towards the end of June and I have my half marathon mid-July. We have started to build up our long run mileage which is perfect timing for the bestie, but a little soon for me. We did 7.5 today! :)

Posing before our first half marathon in 2009 - Peak Performance Maine Half :)

Ready to go! ( a little over a year after having Elijah)
....my back was killing me at the end of this race since I didn't train 
correctly, and my abdominal muscles were not that strong. :(


This is the plan for my long run Sundays so I don't peak too soon:

3/31 = 9 miles
4/7 =  11 miles
4/14 = 9 miles
4/21 = 7 miles
4/28 = 9 miles
5/5 =  11 miles
5/12 = 10 miles
5/19 = 9 miles
5/26 = 8 miles
6/2 =  9 miles
6/9 =  10 miles
6/16 = 11 miles
6/23 = 12 miles (and bestie's marathon)
6/30 = 10 miles
7/7 = 8 miles
7/14 = 1/2 marathon!!

I'm a little nervous about the taper though...

Anyone have thoughts on this??

4 comments:

  1. Great job on your 7.5! As for tapering, when I was training for my half, my last long run was 5, the week before that was 12. I'm not an expert, but I think yours sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love the tips too...The last half I trained for, I didn't really train - I only did one sort-of long run which was only 7 miles. So I'm hoping this goes a lot better! lol

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm nowhere near fast enough to win. But thank you!

      Delete