Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Liebster Award Nominee :)


This morning after settling in at work with my normal english muffin and peanut butter breakfast and then logging on to my computer to read through blogs, I saw the post The Liebster Award! posted by Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness. (I know that was a really long run-on sentence. Sorry!) I was reading through her random facts and answers to Beth's questions and was thinking: what a cool idea! Unbeknownst to me, I was listed as a nominee towards the end of her post for this award! Thank you Charlotte :)

For those of you who are unfamiliar, the Liebster Award is given to new bloggers (those with under 200 followers) by another blogger who deems the aforementioned bloggers to be up-and-comers and “ones to watch”.

The Rules Are:
  1. List 11 Random Facts about myself
  2. Answer 11 questions that Charlotte wrote for me
  3. Pass the torch by nominating 11 bloggers
  4. Create 11 questions for my nominees
  5. Display the Liebster Award logo 
hehe

Random Facts:
1. I played soccer and softball 7th through 12th grade and never really liked running until I was in college.
2. I am a Physical Therapist in mid-coast Maine.
3. The only pet we have is a 2 year old guinea pig named Dee-dee (My 4 year old Elijah named her when we bought her; he had just turned 3 at the time.)
4. I am such a bag lady. I carry at least 3 bags with me to work. My lunch bag, my purse, and of course my gym bag.
5. My husband and I have our 1 year anniversary coming up in a few weeks. We were married last year on May 19th. <3
6. My favorite number has been 4 since I was a child. No idea why...
7. I watch way too much television at night. My husband works nights and the kids are in bed before eight so I watch non-stop netflix for 2 hours or so before climbing into bed.
8. I took 4 years of German in high school, so when I saw Liebster award I already knew what it meant :) (pronounced: leeb stir)
9. I was on a gymnastics team for many years when I was younger and miss it a lot!
10. I would love to live in a warmer state someday, maybe in South Carolina where I have some family...
and finally - 
11. I love NERDS, the candy silly! I could eat a big box of those everyday if I knew the calories wouldn't add up and that I wouldn't end up with a huge canker sore.

Kidding of course! The ladies below definitely
deserve the award too :)

My Answers to Charlotte's Questions:
1. How many siblings do you have and where do you fall in birth order? 
I am the oldest and I just have one younger brother. He is all the way in California :(


2. What is your most embarrassing childhood memory? 
I was in 7th grade and a boy taped a sign to my back pack saying that I loved him. (Which I did not) Very traumatizing for a 13 year old girl!

3. What is your favorite junk food snack?
Well since this doesn't say candy, I will answer it differently than my above random fact about how I love Nerds. I would say for snack food I love munching on the Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits. So good!

4. If you were a super hero, what would your name be?
I could not think of anything good here so I went to a super hero name generator online and they said Brittany Chapin would be: The Extraordinary Freak. What?? lol

5. What is one thing you can not live without?
Now that I have him, I don't know how I would go on living with out my little guy Elijah. He just lights up m life! (Sappy right? It's true though!)

6. What was your undergrad major and does it relate to what you're doing now?
I actually was accepted into PT school, I did get a bachelor's degree for an undergrad degree when i graduated with my Master's, but @ Husson University you actually don't do undergrad work. Now I have my Doctorate!

7. If you were a sitcom character, which one would you be?
I would be Claire Dunphy from Modern Family. Love that show! She is too funny :)

8. If you could get any celebrity to play you in the movie of your life, who would you choose?
I would choose Zooey Deschanel. I love that girl; she is so versatile and just real. I first saw her in Elf, which I absolutely love!

9. Would you rather win a Emmy, and Oscar, a Tony or a Grammy?
I think I would pick Grammy. I'm not a great singer, but with all the technology out there I could be right? lol. Plus meeting famous artists and being in music videos...Awesome!

10. If you could go on a one month vacation starting tomorrow, where would you go?
Chris and I have always wanted to go to Italy. So I would definitely try and tour the entire country of Italy.

11. Are you a morning, afternoon and/or evening exerciser?
Afternoon all the way. I do most of my runs on my lunch break, and on the weekends they are usually right around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. When it starts to get hot though, I will move them to either morning or night.



My nominees are (you can click their names, they are linked):








I know I only nominated seven... It is hard to find up & coming bloggers that I follow that have fewer than 200 followers. I'm not even sure if all of you above have less than 200....

So, my questions for my 7 nominees are:

1. What is your favorite: treadmill, road, or trail?
2. What do you have planned for races this coming year?
3. Do you have a big or a small family?
4. Where did you grow up and what did you love about your town?
5. What is your favorite color?
6. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
7. What kind of music do you like to listen to and who is your favorite band/artist?
8. How far have you traveled from home for business or pleasure?
9. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
10. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
11. When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time?

Thanks again Charlotte!





8 comments:

  1. Ah I LOVE your post! (and i love all the award memes, i was laughing throughout!) lol claire dunphy is such an awesome answer!!

    happy early anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Modern Family is hilarious right?!

      Delete
  2. Love reading your answers... And the thing you could not live with out warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom! Now that he's in my life I can't imagine it without him.

      Delete
  3. Aw, thank you so much for nominating me, hon! I agree that Nerds are an awesome candy, although I haven't eaten any in a long time. They were one of my faves as a kid. Happy anniversary in 17 days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Early Anniversary!!
    And YES move south!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cori! Someday I do see myself down there :)

      Delete