Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memories

Chris and my one year anniversary was 5/19/13 :) I didn't blog about it at that time for some reason, but thought I would share a few highlights from our wedding and honeymoon today.

Last year at this time I was just getting home from Las Vegas - our honeymoon destination - and seeing our boys for the first time in a week. Everyone told us that we would miss them so much while we were away.

But, we didn't miss them as much as you would think. The nice part about being in Vegas was that for the majority of the time we didn't run into any children/families. I think that would have got me a little homesick for them. We did talk to them almost every night before they went to bed.  I don't feel bad saying I didn't really miss them, because you know what - they didn't really miss us!

However, when it was time to come home, I was ready to go!

My little Elijah and I

Daddy and his boys

Boys on their way to the ceremony

Waiting for mom <3

Lighting a unity candle

My girls!

My brother, parents and myself

Stylish boys ;)

My brother and cousin bombarded me with a rehearsed 
dance I can't remember to what song and wearing those
Game Over wedding tee shirts. It was pretty hilarious.

Our pretty cake

Out on our first day exploring. Chris's 1st time in Vegas :)

Very pretty @ night

Inside the luxor downing our huge margaritas
before heading to the Bodies Exhibit...
I am a PT afterall :)

@ the Hoover Dam standing in different states

Chris is trying to make sure the new bridge doesn't
collapse

 The witch doctor

Sitting on top of the Rio with my drink.
Ever had a witch doctor? It is delicious!

So those were a few random photos from this time last year :) I had the best time on that trip with him and I'm so glad we did it. I know it will be a long time before we ever take a trip without or boys. I have some great memories :)

Tell me about a trip that you took that you will never forget.

                                                              xoxo,

27 comments:

  1. When Colin and I went to Miami it was the first time I had gone on a vacation since the kids were born- so over 10 years. I thought I was going to miss them terribly and guess what, not at all! LOL. It was so nice to have NO responsibilities for five days....however, the day we traveled home all I wanted was to see them- I was so grumpy on the flights and drive back home because all I could think about was seeing the boys and cuddling with them...funny how that worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way!

      Delete
  2. Awww...Happy one year to you guys! I've never been to Vegas but it's on the list!! I recently visited NYC for the first time in my 30 years on earth and I absolutely LOVED seeing the city :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only driven through NYC, I've never been to stay and would love to! You will love Vegas. And really it is a cheap place to vacation :)

      Delete
  3. Aww Belated Happy Anniversary to you guys! Congrautlations on your 1 year!

    I love your wedding pics!

    Great idea to have the groom and his groomsmen wear same socks. That's cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I found those socks for the guys at Express. Wasn't sure if they would do it, but they were good sports!

      Delete
  4. Happy belated anniversary! What fun pictures, glad you had a great time in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a great time. Having two full weeks off from work was awesome too!

      Delete
  5. I will say you were right to some degree... the boys did not miss you at first as they were with me (Nini) and Papa.. they are so use to being in our home and lives most everyday...so this was a easy transition for them...butttt as the end of the week came, your little one started to get very tired and cranky...he was missing you both and was ready to go home to his bed ,his home and his mommy and daddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I remember you telling me. But for the most part they didn't miss us, and I'm glad. I knew they wouldn't with spending time with you guys and Uncle.:)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous photos!

    I have been on so many amazing trips. My favorite was probably when we went to Maui on our honeymoon or Venice a few years later. Both were just breathtaking and unique and so, so memorable. It's a little bit harder to get away on that kind of a trip with a 5 year old and no local family, but one day, it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard with kids. You kind of have to center your trips around them. But, that is fun too. We are supposed to be taking the kids to Disney World next May. I can't wait :)

      Delete
  7. You looked amazing on your wedding day and still do :)
    The hubby and I went to Vegas for our honeymoon too!
    We also went to Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon...it was a fun trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! It was great and I'm so glad we chose to go there. We did and saw so much!

      Delete
  8. Happy anniversary! Looks like a fantastic trip! And good for you for not getting too homesick for your kiddos.

    My favorite trip of all time was to Sydney, Australia. The whole family got to go (my husband had to go for work). A truly amazing place and amazing time together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a great time :) Australia is on our bucket list. Probably won't happen until the boys are graduated, but that's okay!

      Delete
  9. Happy anniversary you guys!! These pictures are soo awesome. I love the matching argyle socks on the groomsmen :) and omg thats the best photo of chris with that huge margarita :) looks like an awesome celebration! and your two little guys are the CUTEST things ever. and by. the. way. girlie... isn't it your bday on sat.. happy birthday m'dear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The margaritas were delicious! He was pretty happy with himself. It is :) The first. My last year in my 20s! Thanks again!

      Delete
  10. Happy 1st Anniversary! Looks like you had a nice vaycay last year :)
    When I go away without my kids it's the same...I don't bawl my eyes out miss them, but at the end of the trip - I look forward to coming home to see them. Usually the hubs and I do a long weekend away for our anniversary every year by ourselves - but this year we have decided to bring the kiddos along with us - and they are super excited - we are heading to Chicago next Friday with them to celebrate our baker's dozen anniversary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's awesome that you always take a long weekend away. Happy early 13th!

      Delete
  11. Happy (late) anniversary! I loved seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved going through all the photos again to pick the ones to showcase. Great memories!

      Delete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing those pictures :)
    Happy be-lated anniversary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Always fun to look through photos!

      Delete
  13. LOVE the pictures!!!! I've always wanted to visit Vegas and the Hoover dam! :) Plus I have a thing for bridges, I definitely would love seeing that bridge. Looks like you guys had a great time on your honeymoon. Happy belated anniversary! (It's one day after my birthday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy late birthday too! It was an awesome trip!

      Delete