Monday, April 22, 2013

My hip flexors must be WEAK!

My hip flexors are soooooo sore today! Especially the right one - I don't know if that maybe has to do with the grade of the road or what, but I can barely lift my foot up high enough to use the stairs! The bestie and I did our 10 mile run yesterday afternoon. It was a pretty good run that we did about 9:30 pace for, which is about what I want to do for my half marathon. I want to come in at 2 hours or under. This will be a huge PR for me.

On the way to see the bestie for our run :)


 Pretty tree just starting to bud where we 
started our run


I did not train for my last half marathon. I maybe ran 10 times over the course of 4 months before the half that I did in October of 2009. The longest long run was just a 7 miler. Not good. My core was really weak and my back was killing me by mile 10 of the race. Not good. At this point I would walk for a minute and jog for a minute. Needless to say the last 5k of the half marathon took a lot longer than it should have if I had trained. I finished in 2 hours 38 minutes which is about a 12 minute pace.

Ready to start the Maine Peak Performance 
Half Marathon October 4, 2009

I need to really amp up my hip strengthening - especially for the hip flexors over the next couple months so that this doesn't keep happening.

I had a great weekend though. I'm so glad that we got that 10 mile run done. Saturday I spent the day with the boys. We walked the board walk, ate pizza for dinner and had our first Dorman's of the year. - Famous local ice cream joint.

Picnic table yoga @ South-end playground 


Eli sitting on an anchor at the harbor park


Walking the boardwalk <3


Eating our Dorman's at home after some yummy 
Keag pizza


Sunday I got up early and met my girls out for breakfast at the Home Kitchen Cafe. Delicious! I had their Oatmeal brulee with blueberries and brown sugar on top. I should have taken a picture! I zipped home to take the boys to Sunday School. S and I went on our run that ended at the Rec Center playground where my hubby met me with the boys. We played for a couple hours and headed home for dinner.

Playground fun @ Rockland Rec Center

Refreshing H2O


This was a perfect weekend.

What did you do this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment