Thursday, February 28, 2013

The New Kicks

I picked up some new indoor running sneakers for myself at a local sports shop. (I've been using my Ascics Gel Nimbus 12's for way too long.) I always have a pair of treadmill running sneakers and a pair for running outside. I've been using Ascics for at least the past 10 years, but I have been thinking more and more about going to a minimalist style shoe. So, I bought these Under Armour Women's Reign running sneakers to try out for treadmill running. 


I wore them for the first time yesterday for 4 miles and they felt great, no blisters, no slipping, and I definitely feel like my stride changed.  Instead of striking with my heel first I felt I landed with my mid-foot. This will be a good progression for me trying to run in my Vibram 5 Fingers on the treadmill too instead of solely walking in them.



I will make sure to check back in later to post about what I decided to do for a running/cross-training session today...Haven't made up my mind yet.  

Weekly mileage total so far: 10.5 miles.

What type of shoe do you wear to run in?

What do you think about minimalist style sneakers and barefoot running?


3 comments:

  1. What do you do with your old kicks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found out through another blogger about a company that takes your shoes and you get credit for them to buy new ones. I think I'm going to do that. Can't think of the name of the company currently, but they donate your shoes to people in need.

      Delete
    2. Actually it is called kindrunner.com! There ya go :)

      Delete